Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Month Anniversary!!!

Crazy but true, I've been here for a full 4 weeks now. Part of me feels so immersed in the day to day routine that I'm completely at home here, but on the other hand I don't see how the time has flown by so fast. It will be interesting to see if the whole year goes like this or not.

I'm excited to say that in honor of my one month anniversary (not really) two co-workers of mine and I went and signed up for a free Korean language class today. Our section starts in two weeks on Friday nights. We start with the the alphabet and some simple vocab for the first four weeks, then move up to conversation on a different night. And the bonus is that the classes are in the Korean Cultural Center which is an amazing building with art exhibits, movie screenings and a recital hall with tons of things always happening. It might be my new favorite place in Seoul. =) I plan on seeing the Nutcracker here in December...so exciting!

Had another small world met up this week too. Ryan Tsang's cousin was in town on a job interview so we met up for dinner. Obviously it's totally normal to met a guy who grew up in the Chicago suburbs half way around the world for Indian food....

Went for another hike this weekend. Photos are posted, although they are all going to start looking pretty much the same I have a feeling. Two things that are worth mentioning...
1) I met two new chicks to hang with, and Brit and an Aussie, good times
2) I ate silk warm larva. Only one though. You can smell this stuff from a mile away...it's pretty rank. A pretty hilarious sequence of photos was taken to document this occasion.

1 comment:

Domo B said...

happy anniversary ;)