Thursday, September 11, 2008

Man Love

I can't believe I forgot about this in my last post....

I have seen an unusual amount of man love displayed here. I consider man love to be a display of affection/ general touchy feelyness between two heterosexual men. Granted many of these displays have been when at least one of the parties is visually intoxicated, but none-the-less it's much more prevalent here. The most shocking display I've witnessed was in a bar over the weekend. We arrived a little early, so things were pretty quite inside. Then a group of 4 Korean men came in and started the dance party. I reminded so much of what I've done with my girlfriends have done so many times. We've been a little bored with the evening and really just wanted to dance, so we go out in the middle of the bar and start dancing with each other, often in a very silly way. That is exactly what these dudes were doing. It was an amazing display. The people I was with assured me that this was not an isolated occurrence. In fact, this is usually how these kind of evenings progress.

The friend love doesn't apply to only men either. The women walk around holding hands with each other all the time.

I kind of like it. =)

No comments: