Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Doosan Bears vs LG Twins

So I went to a baseball game. Major differences from the good old MLB are as follows:

1. $7 for an open seating ticket....sweet!

2. "concession stand" = a convenience store (which is called 7eleven by the way) which has chips and pop....no hotdogs or peanuts. The only similar food is beer. The guys walking around sell dried squid. Also, you can bring in anything you want. The chicks I was sitting next to brought in a huge take out bag from Bennigans!!!

3. Last but not least....well, just watch:



Fun Facts: Jamsil Baseball Stadium (잠실 야구장) is a baseball stadium in Jamsil 1-dong, Songpa-gu, , Seoul, South Korea. The stadium holds 30,265 people and was built in 1982. It makes up the Jamsil Sports Complex along with the nearby Seoul Olympic Stadium, and hosted the baseball events during the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games. It is the home of the Doosan Bears and LG Twins in the KBO Baseball League.


I saw a game where the Bears and the Twins played each other. I sat in the visitors section for the Bears with my co-worker because he refused to be anywhere else. He in fact threatened to stop speaking to me if I became a Twins fan. I am still very tempted since their jersey look just like the Twinkies...but I do rely on this guy to order most of my food for me right now....

3 comments:

Domo B said...

OMG, they are serious about their crowd chants ;)

PolskaMando said...

I kind of miss the dried squid. :)
Hope you are having fun!

Hsienjan Huang said...

I think I've found my new dream job.. disco/cheer leader in Korea