Sunday, September 14, 2008

Soccer Baseball

There was one evening when I bared my soul to my co-workers and told them about my love for my kickball team. At first they couldn't get over that we called it kickball, because to them the game is called soccer baseball and played with a soccer ball. Of course a heated debate over the better name ensued. Then they realized that I actually played kickball recently, and now there is no living it down for me.

However, I do feel validated after speaking with a Korean last night who said they have the same game here. The translation for them is "foot baseball". I've got to find a game to get in on around here....

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yeah you do need to keep kicking it. Maybe you could teach the kiddies and have kickball time. We're undefeated! (1-0)