Monday, October 13, 2008

Highlights of the Past Week

In chronological order:
Tuesday 10/7/08
First cheeseburger = Burger King on my way home from work (walk by it everyday)
Was really hoping that the Korean version of the Whopper and french fries would be a little off so I wouldn't be tempted to go back...not such luck. But the thought of spending over $7 on a "value" meal has done the trick so far.

Wednesday 10/8/08
Joined the gym that is a 5 minute walk from my apartment and subsequently took a yoga class in Korean. Good times, and looking forward to more. They have one of those belted jiggly machines. Honest to god.

Thursday 10/9/08
Spent most of the night writing a drama script for my kindergarten class based on The Gingerbread Man. More stories based on this will be "hitting the airwaves" in the near future I'm sure.

Friday 10/11/08

First free language class!!! Awesome. I'm going with Maranda and Carolyn. There are about 20 other people in the class. I now "know" the 10 basic vowels and 14 simple consonants.
They had also changed the art exhibit since we'd been there to sign up and I saw this little gem entitled "Straight from the Horses Mouth":
(look closely, you can also click on it to enlarge)

Also, went to "the mall" for the first time. Saw "Mama Mia" because it was one of the only things playing in English. I'm sorry, because I know some of you reading this enjoyed that movie, but it is the absolute worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. At least I got popcorn.


Saturday 10/11/08

Finally went to check out the weekend market at the end of my street. Bought produce and saw some very interesting things:
1. A chipmunk in a small cage with a hamster wheel. I could have a chipmunk as a pet if I want!
2. Some great t-shirts. Mainly Konglish (broken English) themed. One said "Minnesota" with Snoopy sleeping on top of the print, so random (*side note: I'm pretty sure I've seen some Minnesota Twins World Series hoodies being worn. My guess is because it looks so close the "Twins" baseball team here.) As one the said "Who the fuck are the Rolling Stones?" I've seen kids with the f-bomb on their shirts too.

As, went to the wedding...see
post below.
Sunday 10/12/08
I got a bike!!!
I feel like Mary Poppins when I ride it...not sure why. It's got a basket, a bell and the word "elegance" on the frame. How cool am I? I'm going to be taking it everywhere!

p.s. - i bought it off of a co-worker, so I had no control over the "elegance" factor.

Monday 10/13/08
Spent 12 hours at school today, but now my class will have the most beautiful "Jolly Phonics" flashcards your eyes have ever seen.

So that's the day to day around here. Not all that exciting I know, but I'm pretty sure at least I will enjoy reading this in a few years.

1 comment:

Domo B said...

JOLLY PHONICS! Out school is all about that. Wow, that's a lot of work!!!

Not much new here... next weekend is Pareti's bachelorette. Not sure if I will post pics on facebook... we'll see how naughty it gets! If I don't post, I'll email some to you :)

Miss ya!