Friday, December 4, 2009

Home Again? Home Again?

I've been ripped through space and time and back again in the past two weeks and finally feeling like I have recovered.

Going home for Thanksgiving was certainly a special treat. I was given two weeks and a day to fly home, drive to Minnesota and fly back again. I like to think I made the most of it. I played Wii with mom, rode on the back of dad's motorcycle down Lake Shore Drive, cuddled with George, had a sleep over with the little girl cousins, bought shoes, bought jeans, bought presents, had quality Madge time and Skyped Carley at the same time, went downtown three times, ate steak, ate Chipotle, ate pizza, ate 43 lbs. of turkey and 20 lbs. of potatoes (OK, I may have had some help with that one), ate lots of stuff, saw some modern art, saw the preview of The Adam's Family Musical with Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth, went to The Burwood to see lots of old friends, went on an 8 hour car ride with all 5 Chicago Johnsons (that hasn't happened in a long time), went to my first Johnson baby shower for Baby Bot, hung out with my bros, hung out with the family and basically soaked up the U.S.A air. I felt like I was home from school on break. No major culture shock, just a little jet lag. It was wonderful being home and oddly enough I felt more home sick while I was there then I have since I've been in Korea. It was hard to say good bye.

I'm back in SoKo and again it fells like I never left. Gearing up for Christmas, the Drama Show and saying good-bye to my two favorite co-workers. December is going to go way too fast.....

No comments: