Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June is busting out all over...

and changes are springing up. Nothing unusual of course.

four new teachers, three new kids, two broken teeth, one kid gone and a signed renewal contract

4 new teachers: don't really have the skinny on the newbies yet, but I do know that I will be missing Emily, Joceyln, Denielle and Ari (my Chicago buddy)

3 new kids: Alex started a few weeks ago and Alex Kim and Jack started this week...three new boys brings me up to 12 kids

2 teeth lost: the first new Alex was running during a break time on Tuesday and fell down. I came back to a class room with a screaming, bleeding child. The helper teachers had it relatively under control, but it certainly broke up the day a bi t. Turns out he had to have oral surgery that afternoon. I also had to speak with his father after school. Thank goodness he was a level headed guy.

1 kid lost: Olivia is not coming back. Apparently she was always stressed out about school. It's tough being 4.

A renewed contract: The beginning of June marks my official half way point. 9 months in with 9 months to go. With my contract I also get a plane ticket to come home for Thanksgiving. I'll arrive in Chicago on November 14 at 3:48 pm and leaving from Minneapolis on November 29 at 1:00 pm. I am already really looking forward to those two weeks.

No comments: