Monday, June 15, 2009

A Chicago Style Weekend

I am a lucky girl to have so many wonderful people to help my celebrate an other year older and another year wiser, but here and back at home. I felt the love via mail from in the form of homemade banana bread, chocolate and butterscotch chip oatmeal cookies, mac n' cheese packets, socks and a note redeemable for a tickets to see a show when I'm home in November from the rents. Madge sent me some Mike and Ikes, colored flame birthday candles and a pot with seeds to grow my own flowers. And last, but not least I got a huge banner birthday card from the Johnson side which will hang in my apartment until I leave. Thanks guys!

As for the amazing people here...they rock. We had quite the crowd eating at the picnic tables outside of UNO pizzeria. We sampled from a large variety of pizza toppings including a regular supreme, cheese burger, sweet potato deep dish and Gorgonzola garlic thin crust. It was a spectacular spread. Suzie even baked a cake! A very pleasant surprise. We then enjoyed some adult beverages down by the lake on a beautiful night and hit up a norebong. Perfect.

Saturday evening was a joint celebration for Liz and I, since Liz's B-day is the 14th. A typical evening out in Hongdae, a college neighborhood, where we spent most of the evening trying to find a well hidden bar called Freebird. We finally made it, but lost many people along the way.

Sunday was great because Megan and Maranda took me to "Chicago". We spent a lot of time debating if it would be in English or Korean. It was all in Korean, except they said the names and "all that jazz" in English. Also, cellophane is cellopong in Korean, which made the song "Mr. Cellophane" very entertaining to listen to.

Thanks for the sweet brithday weekend everyone!!!

Things I missed at home this weekend:
Mom and Dad's 32nd Wedding Anniversary
Ross' 21st birthday
Cousin Micheal and Lindsay's Wedding

Sorry guys!

No comments: