Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 15, 2009: A day to go down in history

Event #1: Spring Picnic
We boarded all the little kindergartners onto countless Kid's College buses and headed over to the "boating stadium", which is basically a short man made river made for rowing races. We went there because the parents complained that Olympic Park was too close. The theme of this picnic was color wars. We got pretty into it. Ari looked like a red version of Braveheart. The kids had fun running around and just being outside. I would say it was one of the more successful events days I have witnessed so far. My favorite part, however, was when we got back and had 20 mins to kill in the class room. I just opened a box of toys and told the kids to just play. Sarah P and Eryn decided they were going to play teacher. They sat in a chair at the front of the room and had me sit in front of them. They then proceeded to pick words out of a bag and ask me "What letter is this?" and "What word is this?" Adorable little 4 year olds.

Event #2: Teacher's Day
I received a gift from 4 of 9 kindies, plus one from Kelly from my last Cherry Class. I'm going to count that as 50% and be happy with it. I got another two pair of stockings that I will likely never wear, one being nude colored with gold glittering roses on them. Yikes! A nice bottle of perfume, a Polo baseball hat, and bath salts were also in the mix. Too bad I don't have a bath tub or wear baseball hats. Oh well, the cream of the crop was certainly my gift from Kelly. Picture a fancy barbie doll in a display box wearing handbok. Not exactly my style, but I'll be taking that one home.

Event #3: Kyle's Graduation
I missed it, but it happened none the less. One more Johnson child is released into the real world. With this and the baby of the house turning 21 next month, I'm feeling pretty old....

No comments: