Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GAH!

Two examples of the Korean way of business that drives me crazy!

#1: Last week I was told I would be getting a new child in my kindergarten class on Monday. At the end of the week I went to my supervisor to ask for new supplies for the kid. This prompted her to remember that the kid had been pulled out already due to some payment altercation that made the parents mad, so I did get things ready for him. On Monday morning I had a feeling that I might walk into class with a new student sitting there, so I checked with my supervisor just one more time. At this point a light bulb went off in her head and she said that "Oh, yes, he is starting school today." Sweet, way to let me know.

#2: During one of my 10 min breaks yesterday I was pulled into my principles office to all but sign a contract to stay another 6 months based on a conversation from over a month ago. They seemed put off by the fact that I still wanted to think about it and want to know ASAP. This is something I've been struggling with for the past month, and still not ready to make a decision.

Last minute and immediate. This is not the way I function....but at least I'm getting used to it and can see it coming.

1 comment:

Domo B said...

I feel your pain, Mish. When I am getting a new kid, I'm lucky if I get an email THE DAY OF their first day. It's great.