Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jass

I finally got out to hear some live jazz this weekend. We wandered around Apujang in search of a specific club, but ended up at "Jass". It was wonderful. A small dark bar with a few tables, a quiet crowd and a quartet with sax and occasional vocals. I felt just like I was at home, until they did "Fly Me to the Moon" and all I heard the whole time was "fry me to the moon"....so close. They were really pretty great, and I really enjoyed the evening. I had pretzels for the first time in 7 months and it was amazing. To top it all off, a man named Mr. Magic sang a rendition of "Summer Time" the close. Most people I know would stand by the fact that this is a song that should really only be done by a black woman with a big voice, but as long as you had an open mind it had it's own musical value done at a peppy speed by a 30 something Korean man, if only hilarity. No matter. I went home feeling all warm and fuzzy and nostalgic. Ahhhh......

No comments: