Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sydney = Awesome

The first thing I did when I got here (after showering) was walk down to the harbor. The whole time I was thinking how much this city reminds me of Chicago, plus they have sweet accents. It's perfect. I'm really loving walking around, sitting outside the opera house, laying in the Royal Botanical Garden (my new favorite place on earth) and staring at the ocean. I've had a lot of quiet time wondering around and loved every second of it, plus meeting interesting people along the way. European travelers have such a different mind set than we do. I tell people I'm going to be here for about two months I think and they all reply with "Well, that's a bit short, but you can do it." These people are crazy!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Traviata at the opera house tomorrow and a group tour package on Saturday that will take me to a wildlife sanctuary and wine tasting. Sunday takes me on a bus three hours south to Canbeera where I will be picked up for my first WWOOF stop. So excited!

A side note for all you Seoul savvy readers: I typed this while sitting in a Tom N Toms drinking a $7 blueberry smoothie surrounded by Koreans. Go figure. =)

No comments: