Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hots Dogs and Kimchi

Happy Birthday America!

I celebrated with a meet up group trip that included these firsts for me:
  • white water rafting - it was tame
  • walking along /in /swimming down/ being carried by the current through some tiny natural water slides in a river for about 5 hours
  • jumping off a rock into a semi dangers whirlpool of water
  • seeing tadpoles with legs
  • eating asparagus, muenster cheese and hot dogs off the grill in Korea
  • doing karaoke on a moving bus - all the tour buses here are equipt with it, just hadn't been on a trip that had broken it out yet
  • gone on a trip without taking more then 10 pictures...it's not well documented, but I have hopes of stealing some
Meanwhile, back in Seoul, when I got home from work yesterday I had a light fixture explode over my head as I was taking off my shoes. I continued into the apartment to turn on more lights and they were much much brighter then before. Then, they too burnt out, just not quiet as dramatically. Within a few minutes my power was turned off completely. Apparently the was on purpose, in order to fix the problem. My whole block was out of power for about 2 hours. Once the power was back on I found that many of my appliances were blown from the power surge including:
  1. three light fixtures: entrance, kitchen, bedroom
  2. heat/ hot water control
  3. blender
  4. external computer speakers
  5. TV screen size external computer monitor: good-bye movie and LOST parties
  6. modem: no internet for me at home
Stupid Korea.

No comments: